On June 15th,1633, Louis XIII acquired the Fourqueux estate, covering 75 hectares, and offered it to his doctor, Charles Bouvard.
In 1923, with the exception of the Villa Colin and its 1.5 hectare retained by Charles and Marie Marret, the estate, previously run by a farmer, was rented to a group of people wishing to build a golf course.
The course was officially opened on October 29th in the presence of 40 celebrities. During the wartime period between 1940 and 1945, the Golf Club was faced with major difficulties and closed down on May 1st, 1940.
During the Second World War the estate was used by the German army and subsequently became a property for raising horses. In 1961, the announced closure of the Marly Golf Club led a group of golfers to seek a place nearby to rebuild a golf course. The Fourqueux estate was chosen and the course designed by Lou Pettit, an American architect.
The Fourqueux Country Club Sporting Association opened its doors in 1962 with an 18 hole course (subsequent 9 holes were added later), a driving range, two tennis courts and a heated swimming pool. The Club’s inauguration took place on 11 May 11th, 1963. The Association celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2013.
|Architect: ||Lou Pettit (1962) |
|Course: ||27 Holes (3x9 par: 71,72 or 73) |
|Type: ||Championship course, forest |
|Water in play: ||yes |
|Trees in play: ||yes |
|Driving range: ||yes |
|Golf car: ||30 € |
|Electric trolley: ||15 € |
|Trolley: ||5 € |
|Email: ||email@example.com |
|Web : ||www.golfdefourqueux.com |
|Office tel.: ||+ 33 1 34 51 41 47 |
|Tel. Pro-shop: ||+ 33 1 39 73 65 28 |
|Address: ||36 rue de Saint-Nom, 78112 Fourqueux |